This summer (2017)
- Minor existential crises. (may or may not write more on that later)
- More language learning (hopefully more in-depth): French, Swedish, Taiwanese (a.k.a. Hokkien or Min Nan), tiny bit of Japanese (mostly its phonology)
- Calculus: I hope to fill in the gaps because I did kind of crap last term. Unsuccessful so far, as I haven't managed to stay awake when studying.
- Applied Mathematics and General Physics: see above.
- Baking: read and tried out a bunch of milk-and-gluten-free recipes (because of some alternative therapy my mum's making my little brother try); also found the perfect recipe for banana bread (not gf or vegan though)
- Fitness: managed to train myself to run 5k without wanting to die (as I'd been able to do before high school) before my period came and killed my twice-a-week running streak. (fine, I've also slacked off a bit.)
- Work experience: none. Too late when I remembered to find a job.
- Driving lesson: none. Same reason as above.
- Epic summer experience: none. Felt bad having to spend parents' money to have one.
- Sleeping pattern: still not rectified. Writing this at 4:21 a.m.
- Books read: none. Working on How to Lie with Statistics
List to be continued
Last summer (2016): uneventful but fun (mostly)
- Graduated from high school.
- Major existential crises
- Tried out vlogging (uploaded one video before forgetting about it)
- Obsessed over my first ever manga (and anime) with friends, and oh the great fun of it! (it's Haikyuu, FYI)
- Went to a language acquisition course. Confusing but interesting.
- Had fun with high school friends.
- Went to Lulin Observatory (finally!)
- Got a volleyball and practised alone every day.
- Panicked over uni. (Still panicking.)
- Studied for uni entrance and moaned about it.
- Mostly prepared for trip to Australia (a mediocre Chinese-teaching project)
- Graduated from middle school.
- Planned a trip to Finland and went there. (little me had such ambitions)
- Studied for high school and moaned about it.
- Cooked and took care of family.
- Suffered from a mental illness that I didn't know until months later.
- Graduated from primary school.
- Started learning French, if you could call it that.
- Started having walks around the city by myself. It was wonderful.
Summer 2009? 2008?
- Went to Mum's school (she worked there) with Mum and little brother. Read in the library, played around in the field, and had fun.
- Forgot. Summer school, probably.