Monday, June 29, 2015

New Blog Design!

Yeah, I'm stating the obvious here....but anyway, I've redesigned my blog!

The previous isn't looking that good for me anymore--I feel that the header is kind of childish, and not everything is lined up as they should (ahem header ahem), which is quite annoying. Also I want to change the colours into something else, something not that bright and not so full of colours. I'm not really good with coding and web-designs, so I left most of it to the blogger template I did however made the header (or blog banner? oh, whatever) myself. I'm pretty pleased about it now, I'd say. And let's just ignore the Goodreads blog button on the right, which was made by yours truly, unlike the others, which I found on the internet. The packet has everything--Reddit, Pinterest, Yahoo, Wikipedia, Evernote, Vimeo, Youtube, Tumblr, Twitter, Bloglovin', even Google + (which I despise greatly). But Goodreads? Nope, not there. Apparently it's too cool to be made. Therefore I spent like an hour making that 48*48 sized icon. It still slightly resembles the style of the rest right? Right? Okay just ignore it. (After you follow me on Goodreads.) (jk, jk. only if you want to.)

So what do you think of the new design? I don't really know how long it'll last, but for now? I'm liking it enough to not delete it, aha.

EDIT Jul 7 2015: And I forgot to screenshoot (is that even a word?!) the last picture of my old blog design. Wow, well done, Mel.

6 comments:

  1. I LIKE THE NEW DESIGN! :3 It's papery and black-and-white fabulousness. Also, it's pretty clean for the books, so all in all LOVING it <3

    ~Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just worrying if it's too simple. I'm glad turns out well. Also, thanks for checking out my blog :D

      Delete
  2. I really like this new design! Wonderful monochrome colour scheme. I am wondering whether you'd like to centre the header, because it's left-aligned right now -- drop me a line if you want me to send you the CSS to do that. It's super simple, literally copy-and-paste. And I totally know what you mean about social media icons not including a couple of your accounts! If you're looking for goodreads, though, carrieloves.com has a bunch of fantastic social media icons with loads of colours. I use them myself. Just a heads up.

    But overall it is truly glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh thank you so much! I'd like to try figuring it out myself, but I'll shoot you an email if I need help!
    Omg I need that, again, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new design! WOOT FOR DOING IT YOURSELF! I'm semi-plotting a design rehaul myself....but gah, I never get it to look like I want it too. -_- AND OMG I AGREE ABOUT THE GOODREADS! Why do social media packets never have a goodreads button?! Such a failling. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure you'll come up with an amazing design, though! I'm still drooling over that zentangle; it's pure awesomeness.
      THE GOODREADS BUTTON IS THE BANE OF MY BLOG'S EXISTENCE, SRSLY! Like I said, too cool to be made XD .

      Delete