Saturday, March 28, 2015

What's More Appealing Than VidCon?

Hank Green always know what I think. Dammit.


There are two reasons I go on the Internet. 
One, Youtube videos.
Two, blogs.
Three, science news.
Okay, there are three. 

Hank Green combines the first two and made NerdCon Stories a thing.
And they invited all our favourite authors: John Green (DUH), Cassandra Clare, Holly Black, Rainbow Rowell, Stephanie Perkins, Patrick Rothfuss and more. Also, NaNoWriMo and Welcome to Nightvale. And I'm just listing the ones I know.

They'll not only talk about stories, which is already awesome enough, but also discuss some serious stuff there. There will be games. And a conversation about dealing with race in stories. And BOOKS. Did I mention books? And signings? ISN'T THAT EXACTLY MY HAPPILY EVER AND EVER?  *takes deep breaths*

Okay (har har). Another plus is that it's a rather small convention, compared to VidCon, and big crowds always freak me out. Even though I really enjoy watching Youtube videos, I haven't made any. It'd be fun to meet all the Youtubers I like if I ever get to go to VidCon, but talking about books is even more appealing because I can relate to everything about reading. Not that VidCon isn't awesome. I dunno, perhaps one day I'll start making vlogs and change my opinion completely. 

So what's the problem?
I don't live in America. LE SIGH.

Still, it's exciting news, and just thinking about it puts a big smile on my face. 

Is anyone planning to go to NerdCon Stories? What do you think of it?

3 comments:

  1. I WANT TO GO TO NERDCON SO BADLY I CANNOT EVEN. *hyperventilates* Although I'm totally like not in America either so there goes that. -_- But Holly Black and Cassandra Clare! AHHHH. My favourite authors ever. XD
    I loved that vlog and I hadn't seen it, so this post? Just awesome. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for saying that... I actually reread this post and cringed at all the mistakes I made. *hides in corner and revels in shame* I must be half asleep when I wrote this...*sneaks back and edits*
      Thanks for commenting back! We book lovers who live outside of America...well, we can fangirl on the internet any XD

      Delete