Sunday, August 10, 2014

Why I Haven't Been Blogging

My dear readers:

If you happen to be following my blog, (which is the kindest thing you ever did for me,) you might have noticed that it's been a long time since I wrote my last entry.
You might think, "Huh, so what? You don't post regularly, so that's normal." Yes, my dear readers, it's a truth universally acknowledged that I am the most irregular, random, irresponsible blogger (amirite?). No post, no big deal.
But here's the thing, it's not that I'm slacking off (ah well, maybe a little) or running out of ideas. Heck, no, I've got tons of ideas everyday, and I am more than willing to write and blog about them. Plus, it's summer vacation! Copious free time! Yes, I've read two and a half (UPDATE: FIVE) books, watched three (UPDATE: FIVE) movies, felt more ups and downs than I can ever imagined and gotten a freaking lot of things to tell you. I want to blog!
So what's keeping me from blogging, even when I have such a strong desire to blog and when my blog has such a strong will to survive? Well my dear readers, let me present you...the secret of my mysterious disappearance:
School.
Yes, I know! Such a lame excuse! But wait, I can explain. Here's a list of things I compiled, in which you'll find out the my justifications for not blogging.



1. Sleep deprivation
Now let me be honest, I haven't had a regular lifestyle since I was in kindergarten *gasps*. But I have a good reason! I lived really far away from kindergarten. Like 30 or 50 kilometers. And my parents have always been insanely busy government employees, so they always picked us up and come home late. I think my average bed time when I was little was 11:00 p.m. And I've never gone to sleep before 11:00 since then; it has become a habit. Okay, I'll stop pushing around the responsibilities. Fast forward to high school. As you all know, high school is kind of crazy. Friends, drama, projects, extra curriculars, and studying, studying, studying. Oh, and me discovering the awesomeness of Youtube, nerdfighteria, books and blogs and exploring them takes up a huge chunk of time. Seriously, it's not only going to bed early, time management in general requires super will power and self-discipline.
So it's like a cycle of nightmare: sleep deprivation ---> extremely sleepy ---> nod off/fall asleep in class ---> missing a lot of important stuff in class ---> extra studying after school to compensate but in fact too exhausted to do so ---> study till 2 o'clock (a.m.  freaking a.m.) ---> sleep deprivation ---> all over again
Imagine that. I'm not even allowed to have nightmares in such circumstances.

2. Meetings for AUCCC
About a month ago my school arranged a project in which the students who got selected gets to go to Australia to teach Mandarin (It's called AUCCC, but I don't know what it's short for....) I tried it out, and I got selected. I know I should be happy and grateful that I have the opportunity, and believe me, I am.
Then came the excessive amount of training, extra lessons on teaching methods and endless meetings and discussions about the trip, which gobbles up the little free time I planned to catch up on school work and sleep (and entertainment). I know it's going to take time, but I didn't expect it to be so time-consuming and tiring. Sometimes I even doubt that the trip is worth all the hard work and time I put into it. I guess I just have to work through it and see. Everything good has a greater price, and I really need to keep that in mind.

3. Summer school
It's mandatory. Ugh. That's all I'm going to say.
Okay, actually not. Because I want to rant about it. Let's go.
So it's not really "mandatory" because it's in summer vacation and it's not, like, "regular/normal" (I can't think of a better word) classes we have in school semesters. Simply put, we don't have to go because it's in summer vacation. However, we still have to go because the lessons we learn in summer school are those that are supposed to be taught after summer, which means that we learn those in advance. Oh, and good news, students, we're not going to learn those again after school starts. So guess what? It's exclusive! Summer school only! But it's totally alright if you don't come, it's your choice, after all :)!
Yeah, totally our choice. Because summer vacation is of course for school.
So those are the main reasons why I don't have free time for blogging. However, as you might see, I have plenty of blogging materials. Let's have our fingers crossed, hopefully when things are over I will have time for my blog and in a way, for you!
What keeps you from blogging, or doing anything you like? How do you deal with them? Share (and rant) in the comments! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment